Graduate students in the College of Natural Sciences have access to all the Undergraduate Student resources and tools provided by CNS Career Services except for our career coaching appointments and online resume review service.
For graduate career coaching appointments and resume reviews, Dr. Po-Tsan Ku is the CNS Career Development Specialist. Dr. Ku has a PhD in cell and developmental biology and also holds an MBA from the McCombs School of Business. He first came to Austin for his postdoctoral work, after which he started a corporate career at Ambion, Inc. He has thirteen years of experience in the biotechnology industry and has held senior management positions in multiple companies.
Po-Tsan is available for individual consultations with graduate students and postdocs in all CNS disciplines. He can provide the following services:
- Career Exploration
- Creation of an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Non-Academic Job Search Strategies
- Academic Job Search Strategies (Faculty and Postdoc positions)
- Identifying Skills that Transfer to Industry
- Converting a CV to a Resume
- Resume Review and Editing
- Interview Preparation
- Salary Negotiation